1. What’s up?
Hey you! Maybe it’s been awhile since XTmag last spoke of CUSSES, but we always LOVE seeing your face at the front of the stage! Thanks so much for your support. (Thank You back!)
2. Winning the MTVU video contest, now a tour, holy smokes! How is the growing fame treating the trio?
You know, people really do look like ants from up here. HA! We’re hoping to parlay all of this fame into a new set of gold-painted spinners for the van.
3. Your music is a nonstop rockfest of pump you up energy, How do you keep it up night after night?
We always start each morning with a big bowl of pain reliever and a glass of Angel’s iced mocha. As the day develops, so do our moods, and the night’s performance is part of the equation. We think of it as raw and ferocious, but it’s a gamble, really…
4. What happens after the tour? Taking over the world?
Hopefully, rinse and repeat. We are planning a trip to the United Kingdom in June for a stint of shows and to maybe place a bid on Benny Hill’s beret. There will be a bunch of shows sprinkled over the summer, and we have our picks for the next record, so we’ll start pre-production on LP #2. By that time, we won’t have to take over anything – the world will be handed to us.
5. Words of wisdom to any upcoming artists?
Build a support system! Family, friends, artists, fans and everyone we admire and value help us reach our milestones. Also, be the role, don’t play the role. Rock stars are lame.
6. What’s rocking in your earplugs?
CUSSES will be playing Friday 1.25.13 at The Jinx on Congress St with: Whaleboat (who is having an single release!!!) & Can’t Wait. $7, 21 and up.
Link it up: